The Importance of HVAC System Maintenance
A well-functioning HVAC system is crucial to the comfort of your workplace. That is why Brandt has created robust solutions based on experience and innovation that ensure the success of these systems, earning us a reputation for care and precision.
Are You Taking Care of Your HVAC System?
Your HVAC system is critical to making your building operations perform efficiently while keeping the climate comfortable for productive employees and happy customers. While putting off proactive HVAC expenses in the short term is easy, you may be surprised to learn how vital HVAC maintenance is to streamlining facility operations.
At Brandt, we aim to help our customers get the most out of their heating and air conditioning systems. HVAC repair doesn’t have to be a costly, terrifying proposition—our team makes it easy to continue operating as usual.
What to Look for When Your HVAC System Isn’t Working
If you think your commercial HVAC unit might be heading off a cliff, or you’re just trying to minimize potential issues before they occur, these are some things to look for:
- A Change in Air Flow: If the air coming out of your company’s vents is weak or the flow is poor, something could be wrong with your system. The airflow depends on the fan, pulleys, belts, and motor to be in good working order. Additionally, clean coils and filters promote efficient air circulation throughout the system. Another sure sign of problems is when different parts of your facility feel cooler or warmer than others. This could be a sign your ducts or vents are clogged. If so, it’s probably time to get your ducts cleaned.
- Loud Noises: If your HVAC system starts making grinding, grating, or squealing noises, it’s not something to ignore. It could be as minor as a loose belt or signal the system is wearing out. Depending on the sound, this could mean the metal components in the HVAC system need to be lubricated. The best way to find out is to call a professional to check the system. Routine preventative maintenance should catch this issue before it becomes a problem.
- Old Age: The older the system, the more prone it is to having problems—or breaking down altogether. A newer, more efficient unit can be more reliable, use less energy, and lower utility costs. So, if your company’s HVAC system is getting old, you should consider replacing it as soon as your budget allows.
- Blocked Condenser: A common problem in many HVAC systems is when the condensing unit becomes blocked. This can be a buildup of leaves or other debris around the condenser in outdoor units. In mechanical rooms, units can be obstructed by other equipment or items being stored in the area. Therefore, a blocked condenser can overheat if it doesn’t have enough airflow.
- Dirty Coils: Often, the coils on a condenser unit can get so dirty they can’t release heat. This means your HVAC system has to work harder, overheating and causing air flow issues throughout the building. Coils need cleaned once or twice a year to avoid this problem.
- Low Refrigerant: A sure sign of low refrigerant levels is when an HVAC system has poor airflow or isn’t cooling as well as it used to. Older systems are prone to this.
- Frequent Breakdowns: If your HVAC system breaks or malfunctions frequently, replacing it might be better than paying for costly repairs. It’s important to weigh this against the efficiency you’ll gain by installing a new one.
Benefits of HVAC System Maintenance
A few of the benefits that come with maintaining your HVAC unit include the following:
- Healthy Air: A well-maintained HVAC unit will keep your business at a comfortable temperature and prevent any issues with air quality. Clean filters and coils provide easier breathing conditions for everyone in your facility. Neglected HVAC units become a breeding ground for dirt, mold, and bacteria, which can cause respiratory problems for all those inside.
- Lower Utility Bills: Tired of that high utility bill? Faulty parts in your HVAC units could be the cause! Efficient HVAC systems allow you to spend less on electricity and heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer Emergency Repairs: Did you know that properly maintained units are less likely to fail when you need them most? Keeping your unit up-to-date on inspections will give you the peace of mind of knowing that your system is running efficiently.
- Life of the System: The average lifespan of an efficient HVAC system is over ten years. The system could be replaced sooner if it is not regularly maintained – costing you more downtime and money.
- Maximize Your Warranty: Many HVAC system manufacturers require regular maintenance for warranties to remain valid. This approach can save you money on repairs and help you avoid paying out of pocket.
- Building a Relationship: When you partner with a reliable HVAC provider, you can start building a long-term partnership. That way, you always know exactly who to call if you ever have an issue with your systems. Regular HVAC maintenance can reduce the risk of system failure, but an HVAC technician can pinpoint and resolve issues faster if they are familiar with your system.
Trust Brandt for Your HVAC Solutions
Count on Brandt’s professional team for commercial HVAC system preparation and management. Our expertise lies in proactive building systems management, maximizing performance, minimizing downtime, and lowering operating costs. Visit our website or call 1-833-BRANDT1 to learn more about our HVAC services.