UTA School of Nursing and Social Work
Brandt was recently awarded the Turner Award of Excellence for our work at The University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) School of Nursing and Social Work. Ushering in critical advancements in healthcare, this $76 million facility will be the new home to teach and train the next generation of social workers and healthcare professionals. Brandt is providing design-assist electrical services for this ongoing project.
The four-level and 150,000-square-foot facility will be a state-of-the-art space to serve current and future UTA students. This technology-enriched facility will be a mix of learning spaces, teaching and research labs, a simulation learning center, student engagement, study and support areas, and faculty and staff offices.
“Brandt was brought on board as a design-assist partner in July of 2020 at schematic design documents,” Eric Spaeth, Director of Preconstruction, said. “Throughout the design, Brandt has utilized our Engineering, VDC, and Preconstruction groups to help guide the project from a Target Value Design perspective.”
Leaning heavily on the pre-planning and expertise of our industry-leading Virtual Design and Construction Technology team, our field team will install:
- Fixtures, Lighting Branch & Lighting Controls
- Power devices, Floor boxes, and Branch Power
- Equipment Power & Connections
- Normal and emergency Switchgear/Distribution
- Low Voltage Raceways for Fire Alarm, Security, A/V, and Tele/Data
- Lightning Protection and Counterpoise System
- Temporary Power
Prefabrication for this project included components for overhead branch conduit racks, in-wall stub-ups, headwalls, electrical equipment rooms, and fixture assemblies.
Scheduled for completion in November 2022, this new building will enable UTA to maintain its reputation as a university that graduates the most nurses in Texas and has one of the largest nursing programs in the nation.
- Owner: University of Texas at Arlington
- Architect: Smith Group
- Contractor: Turner Construction Company
- Start/Completion Dates: 10/2020 – 11/2022
- Project Size: 150,000 SF
- Brandt Role: Electrical Design-Assist Services