Hospira Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility
(AUSTIN, TEXAS) – This project involved the complete demolition and re-installation of upgraded mechanical systems to an occupied, fully operational pharmaceutical manufacturing facility for Hospira. It was critical that all systems remained operational during construction, so great care was put into developing a plan and schedule for removal of existing equipment and installation of upgraded air handling units (AHUs), chillers, pumps and controls.
Brandt served as the prime contractor for this project. This meant we were in charge of coordinating with all subcontractors and managing the overall project schedule. Our specialized teams worked on retrofits and upgrades throughout Hospira’s entire facility, including the areas that service the clean rooms.
Brandt completed our scope of work in July 2014. Shortly after, in September 2015, Pfizer completed the acquisition of Hospira.
- Demolition and re-installation of four new AHUs
- Demolition and re-installation of one new chiller
- Demolition of three primary chilled water (CHW) pumps and installation of six primary/secondary CHW Pumps
- Demolition and re-installation of 49 variable air volume boxes
- Relocation of five cooling towers
- Upgrade of controls to a stand-alone building automation system (BAS)
Start/Completion Dates: 10/2013 – 07/2014
Brandt Role: Design-Build Mechanical Services