Electrical Services for Greenhill School
(ADDISON, TEXAS) – Greenhill School launched the Growing Stronger Together campaign, which included constructing a new STEM + Innovation Center. Brandt provided the electrical services for this facility, which features advanced STEM facilities and collaborative spaces to foster teamwork and strengthen relationships among faculty and students.
BRANDT’S ELECTRICAL SERVICES
Brandt’s scope of work for this 65,000-square-foot project includes:
- Underground electrical wiring from a new ONCOR transformer to two new 1200A distribution boards that serve as the main service for the building.
- A switchgear package that includes 24 panelboards and 12 transformers.
- One 200 kilowatt (kW) diesel-powered generator with two associated automatic transfer switches and two manual transfer switches.
- Lighting fixtures for the building’s outdoor areas.
- Power and lighting systems in the building, including installing over 150 cord reels, over 100 floor boxes, and linear fixtures ranging from 8 to 36 feet.
UNIQUE ELECTRICAL CONSTRUCTION
The building was constructed using a mass timber structure, a novel approach for the project team and Brandt. Our employees utilized fabrication techniques for installing receptacles, data infrastructure, and lighting fixtures. The project faced restricted ceiling/underfloor space and the complexities of operating on an occupied school campus. Overcoming these obstacles demanded agility and innovative thinking from our teams to ensure adherence to the project schedule.
Owner: Greenhill School
Contractor: Scott and Reid
Start/Completion Dates: 05/2022 – 11/2023
Project Size: 65,000 SF
Brandt Role: Electrical Services