Brandt is a proud Blue Ribbon Sponsor of the Special Olympics of Texas competitions. The participants’ smiling faces and courageous hearts are infectious among our employees.
This is a worthwhile volunteer opportunity that many of our employees get involved in every year. Sara Hinojosa, Assistant Project Manager in Dallas, volunteered at the 2016 Spring Games.
“I was so impressed with the number of Brandt employees who make it a priority to take time out of their busy schedules to participate,” Sara said. “We had more than enough volunteers to facilitate the softball throw competition and still provide the participants with an enthusiastic cheering section.”
This year, Brandt employees will volunteer at a wide range of competitions from the Basketball Competition in February to the Bowling Competitions in November.
If you’ve ever considered volunteering with the Special Olympics, keep an eye out for your next opportunity. You could help change a life – maybe even your own!
Below is a list of competitions we will participate in this year. We hope to see you there!
- February 24 – Area 13 Central Texas Austin Special Olympics Basketball Competition
- April 4 – Area 2 South Texas Corpus Christi Special Olympics Spring Games
- May 6 – Area 20 San Antonio Special Olympics Spring Games
- July 29 – Area 11 Special Olympics Special Olympics Aquatics Competition
- November 3 – Area 20 San Antonio Special Olympics Bowling Competition