Why seasonal boiler checks are important
During the winter months, the demand on your commercial boiler to keep the Dallas-area cold weather at bay is considerable. The boiler system has a lot of moving parts and it must be inspected daily to identify signs of unsafe or inefficient operation.
Reduce the risk of breakdowns – Regular inspections are key to identifying big problems while they are still small and manageable giving us time to come and make repairs without any significant down time. The worst thing is allowing a small, manageable problem to become a bigger, costlier one.
Make sure everything is comfortable – The purpose of the boiler is to keep your building warm and if it isn’t capable of doing that, you run the risk of losing customers or having your employees head home for the day. This kind of downtime can be costlier to your business than anything you spend for preventative maintenance.
Keep the machinery running efficiently – When all parts of your boiler are working properly it will do its job without using as much energy. This lowers your energy bill and reduces the amount of carbon emissions you are responsible for.
How a building manager can inspect their commercial boiler
While it may be a complicated piece of machinery, there are some things you should do every day at a minimum during the cold months to make sure it is working properly. Simple observations can include:
- Checking the water lines for leaks, or any standing water near the unit.
- Inspecting the low-water cutoff device to make sure it is working properly.
- Checking the fuel lines for leaks.
- Observing any changes in operation such as odd noises or a significant reduction in heat output.
How Brandt will inspect and maintain your boiler
While daily checks are important, monthly or seasonal maintenance and inspections by a professional that is specifically trained in commercial boiler maintenance are just as crucial to keeping the system running smoothly.
- Check for signs of corrosion and leaks.
- Test safety and performance features including the fuel cutoff and water treatment systems.
- Inspect the burners and do a combustion analysis to make sure they are operating safely.
- Clean all system components to facilitate easier heat transfers and make sure the water levels are correct.
The Brandt Difference
When you trust your boiler services to Brandt, you are making sure your boilers are maintained properly and inspected periodically to make sure they are working at the peak of efficiency and reliability. This service includes:
- Complete 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Experienced Boilermaker Technicians
- National Board R Stamp Certified Welders
- Qualified Service Mechanics
- Preventative Maintenance Programs
- New Boiler Installations
Whether you need a long-term solution for system-wide maintenance or emergency boiler services, our service packages are designed to meet your individualized needs. Our highly trained technicians can keep your boilers running smoothly, and will recognize any warning signs that require preventive maintenance or performance upgrades.
Call Brandt today to schedule an inspection of your boiler system and make sure things stay warm during the cold winter months.