The last thing you want in the winter is a broken boiler system, and if you ignore a failed system, you’ll be in the middle of an emergency situation. That’s why it’s essential to maintain your boiler.
How Does a Boiler Work?
The purpose of a boiler is to provide central heating for an industrial facility or business by transferring heat to water. By heating water to produce steam, a boiler system uses steam to heat the commercial building or industrial facility.
Types of Boilers
Four types of boilers are classified by fuel types:
- Gas – Functions by using a pilot light or electric start.
- Oil – Performs the same way as gas, except an oil boiler requires an oil storage tank.
- Electricity – Rather than burning fuel, electric boilers perform by using electrical power to heat elements.
- Coal – This method uses coal-fired plants to produce steam.
Although different types of boilers use a slightly different method to heat a facility, the boiler system process is the same for all boilers.
The Boiler System Process
Here’s what happens when a boiler detects a drop in temperature:
- The boiler turns on and uses either oil, gas, electricity, or coal to create heat.
- The heat from the source is used and heats the water inside the boiler.
- Heated water creates steam, which is sent throughout the business via radiators, where it gives off heat to warm the air.
- As the steam condenses, it travels back to the boiler, where the process continues until your business reaches the desired temperature set on your thermostat.
Preventative Boiler Maintenance
No matter what type of heating system you have, preventative maintenance is essential for maintaining the shelf life of your boiler.
Brandt recommends the following repair and maintenance services to keep your boiler up and running:
- Boiler retubing: Our welders offer a variety of retubing services, ranging from standard steam boilers to large, super-heater industrial boilers. You should have your heating system inspected and serviced regularly to ensure that your tubing is working properly.
- Breeching Repair: We can spot a breeching pipe from a mile away. If you notice a boiler pipe not functioning correctly, it needs to be repaired immediately.
- Mudleg Repair: If a boiler mudleg suffers from poor water circulation, it can start to show signs of corrosion. You can prevent mudleg damage by having your boiler inspected a few times a year.
- Staybolts: Staybolts should support a boiler plate completely, allowing free water circulation throughout the system. As a part of your boiler maintenance program, you should have your staybolts checked and replaced regularly if needed.
Our expert technicians work in boiler rooms almost daily, equipping them with the skills and knowledge to keep your boiler room at top function all year round.
Commercial Boiler Services
We pride ourselves on our extensive commercial boiler services, ranging from complex boiler projects including design and installation to simple daily system repair and maintenance. From simple staybolt and tubing repairs to combustion analysis and safety controls, our technicians are well-versed in all aspects of boiler central heating services.
Customized Boiler Services
Brandt boiler experts are skilled in boiler installation, repair, and maintenance. Our technicians are also on-call 24/7 through our emergency boilers service. Our boiler technicians are National Board R Stamp certified, which means we know the importance of maintaining and repairing boiler systems when necessary, and we have the skills to do it. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with all your central heating needs.
Customized Service Contracts & Maintenance Agreements
Our boiler system agreements can be customized to meet your needs. Whether you’d like your service to run monthly, quarterly, or semiannually, we’ll be your go-to boiler expert for full-service boiler operations. You can expect services like DA and condensate tank refills and valve inspections.
Count on Brandt for Your Boiler Maintenance
At Brandt, we pride ourselves on high-quality service and long-standing business relationships. Whether you simply need assistance with boiler heater maintenance or need a complex design and installation, count on Brandt for your full-service heating needs.