Brandt Cares | Serving Our Communities During the Holiday
Our Brandt Cares initiatives are aimed at supporting the communities we live and work in every day. We make it part of the job at Brandt to reach out into the world around us and make a positive difference.
Community service is a year-round commitment to us, but Brandt participates in a range of service projects throughout the holidays. At this time of year, when the world is colder and hard times feel harder, we encourage our employees—and our readers—to serve in whatever capacity you can. As a service-minded company, we’re proud to showcase a few of our activities this holiday season:
- Dallas: North Texas Food Bank Food Drive. In Dallas, we raised a total of 326 lbs. of food—that’s 272 meals for chronically hungry families, seniors and children in the North Texas area.
- Dallas: Carter Blood Care Blood Drive. Our sponsored blood drive drew 19 units of blood or 57 pints (1 unit of blood is roughly the equivalent of 3 pints). According to Carter Blood Care’s calculations, that blood could help save 57 lives.
- Dallas: Community Partners of Dallas Toy Drive. We donated more than 120 toys to the Last Stop Holiday Shop initiative with the Community Partners of Dallas, bringing holiday cheer to kids in need.
- Houston: Shriners Burn Hospital of Galveston Toy Drive. Our Houston team donated more than 80 toys to the Shriners’ local toy drive.
- San Antonio: Texas Diaper Bank Diaper Drive. This season, we collected and donated 3,895 diapers to the Diaper Bank’s drive, helping needy families get through the holiday season with one less worry.
- San Antonio: Battered Women and Children’s Shelter Toy Drive. Brandt Cares efforts helped secure presents for kids in difficult situations this season. We hope those gestures bring happiness to the children—but also some hope to their moms that these families are not struggling alone.
- San Antonio: South Texas Blood and Tissue Center. We donated six units of blood, or about three pints, saving as many as 9 lives.
We thank our employees for their participation in these Brandt Cares initiatives, and we encourage our readers to consider giving back to their communities in the spirit of the season.